Faurot Hall is the first administration building on the Mountain Grove Campus. Completed in 1901, it is among the original buildings of the Missouri State Fruit Experiment Station.
Faurot Hall was designed by Henry H. Hohenschild, state architect, in the Tudor Revival style popular at the turn of the century. It was constructed of brick fired from clay dug on the campus grounds. The building honors Frederick Faurot, a prominent horticulturist and director of the Station from 1918 to 1933. Faurot Hall was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Presently, the Centennial Garden is under development as a tribute to the Missouri State University Centennial. The garden border runs along the west and south face of old Faurot.